FALL 2021 UPDATE
Reopening Indoors on Wednesday October 6th.
Opening hours: Wednesdays 6:00–8:00pm
Please read the following information in preparation for visiting the food pantry:
– Photo ID (Illinois resident) or GCFD ID cards required for patrons and for proxy pick-ups. Download proxy form here.
– One visit per household per date.
– Two (2) visits a month per household/same address. (If you come more than twice, you will be turned away. No exceptions.)
– Wearing of masks (over mouth & nose) are required for all patrons and volunteers, at all times.
– Social distancing & a limited number of patrons will be allowed to enter throughout the night. To avoid overcrowding, patrons will be waiting outside for a while. (We recommend that not everyone arrive at opening time to avoid crowds. We expect wait times to be a little longer and ask for everyone’s understanding.)
– No more than 2 people per household can enter together. Other should stay home or wait in the car.
– No guest may touch any food selection. Personal shoppers will bag choice items for patrons.
– Return/swap counter will be closed.
– After receiving food, all patrons must exit the pantry. No waiting for others inside the building. (We recommend bringing your own baskets/carts to transport to cars.)
If you’re interested in signing up to volunteer at the food pantry, we’d love to have you! You can sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0548acae29a1fc1-food
We prefer that donations be dropped off on Wednesdays, 9:00am–Noon at the food pantry door. Or if that is not convenient, donations can be made Monday–Friday, 9:00am–3:00pm. Please make sure donations are given to church staff and not left outside. (Any food left outside, unattended must be thrown away due to violation of food safety protocols.)
Our preferred items are:
– Cold cereal
• Canned Fruit or Vegetables
• Canned tomatoes or spaghetti sauce
• Mac & Cheese
• Dried or canned beans • Chili, soup or stew
• Peanut Butter
• Baby food or formula
No items in glass, warehouse size items or junk food please.